Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Prince Dreamy?



My wife told me about a dream that she had the other night. She dreamed that she was dating the Prince, and they were at a water park with one of her coworkers. At the end of the date they jumped on a motorcycle and rode off into the sunset.

“Let me get this straight,” I teased her. “You dreamed you were dating Prince William, and all y’all did was go to a water park? I’m not buying that one.”

“Well, not exactly,” she said. “It wasn’t Prince William. It was the dad, Prince Charles.”

The only word I could come up with was “eeww.” He’s old, has terrible teeth, and by most accounts is a jerk. Why in the heck would she dream about him?

But hey, I know that dreams are sometimes weird. I’ve had a few dreams myself over the years that didn’t make much sense.

I remember one Easter morning when I was eight or nine years old and I had a dream that I saw hundreds and hundreds of rabbits in our back yard. It was so real that I swear I could reach out and grab one of those rabbits. And the disappointment when I woke up was staggering.

Years later I dreamed that Don Johnson (from Miami Vice) and I had a shoot-out with a couple of bad guys on the East side of town here. I can still remember that dream as if it happened last night- from the cool clothes and shoes without socks, to the guns used, right down to the guys we were trying to take down.

The last vivid dream I can recall came about five years ago. It involved Katie Couric (back when she was still fun and bubbly), a Sexy Santa outfit, and the Wall Street Journal. Of course, telling you about it would be stupid because it’s too cold for me to sleep outside.

Anyway, I got to thinking about my wife’s dream. I knew there were websites dedicated to interpreting them, so I took a stab at finding out what this one could mean. Kind of wish I hadn’t now.

The website I found had this to say about her episode:

To see a prince in your dream signifies your association with honor and prestige. You will be recognized for some task. Alternatively, it indicates your desires for romance. Perhaps you are waiting for your Prince Charming.

Uh oh. Although I am one romantic devil, I’m not exactly Prince Charming. In fact, you want to know the only thing I have in common with Prince Charles?

Big ears.



Like the column? Hate the column? Have a new idea for a column? Contact Shannon at news@robconews.com or shannonscasta.blogspot.com and leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment